Freitag, 18. Oktober 2019

Travelling...urgh.

I think I might be suffering from a case of travel fatigue. I don't know if that's because I'm a really, really lazy person at heart and being out and about all day every single day for a month now has just taken it out of me or if it's that, to be honest, New Zealand so far hasn't really blown me away or if it's something completely different, but urgh. All I wanna do is stay at my hotel and sleep for three days straight. In Canada, I stopped at every opportunity I could to take some pix, here I don't feel like stopping anywhere at the moment. The weather all week has been somewhere between mediocre and abysmal (and the South Island is supposed to get worse AND colder to boot, so I better get used to it...), I feel like everything is...not even far apart, but it takes forever to get anywhere, so I feel like I spend half the day in the car and most of the streets these past few days were basically 40 or 50km at a time just curve after curve after curve (and when I say curves I mean the kind that you need to drive 30 or 40 to get around), so you have to concentrate on driving so much, you don't really have the chance to look left or right and check out the environment you're actually driving through. Plus, for some reason all these curve-speeds are suggested speeds and the actual speed limit on these streets is still 100km/h (no idea why), so you always have someone glued to your bumper who's unhappy with you following the suggested speeds, so I feel pressured to drive faster and urgh. I'm just tired. Of driving, of the weather, of repacking my suitcase, of never being able to buy anything cause I'm already over the baggage allowance in the Philippines, of feeling like if I don't do something today I won't get the chance again.

I think part of the problem is actually that I'm not really allowing myself many breaks. Whenever I do spend a few hours at the hotel during the day I immediately feel bad about it, especially if the weather is nice. It's always a case of "If I don't do it now the weather's gonna be too bad for it later" (which has actually happened a few times) or "I'm gonna regret it later if I'm not doing more now" or "I'm only here here once, so I gotta do/see as much as possible". It's really kinda exhausting.

I really hope I'll get my mojo back on the South Island. For now, I think I'll mindlessly stare at the television for a few hours before I have to repack AGAIN for my flight to Christchurch tomorrow.


1 Kommentar:

  1. Liebe Nicole, gerade eben packte mich die Sehnsucht nach der weiten Welt und da ist dein Blog natürlich ideal, zwar nur lesen, aber immerhin. Ich sitze gerade im Büro und schaue auf die Gleise, die Sonne scheint, ja so sieht es aus hier. Der nächste Urlaub liegt in Ferne. Aber diese Probleme hast du gerade nicht, ich hoffe, du konntest dich aber ausruhen und innerliche Druck steigt nicht noch. Du hast frei und Urlaub. Liebe Grüße von hier, Steffi

    AntwortenLöschen

Hello Goodbye

Hello everyone (probably for the last time)! I'm alive (though that was a bit of a close call), I have finally, finally left Asia behind...