Mittwoch, 9. Oktober 2019

Confessional

So. A few confessions.

1. I'm over rocks. Even if they’re pretty. Made my way from Page to Las Vegas the other day and stopped at the Valley of Fire on the way and ...urgh. Don’t get my wrong, it’s a nice park. Interesting rocks and all. Not to mention the name was even accurate temperature-wise, too. But after Arches, Monument Valley, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Bryce Canyon and Zion, my level of excitement regarding rocks has dwindeled to...pretty much zero? A 2 out of 10? Good thing then I had another National Park on the list today. Last one, though, before I’m off to Fiji tomorrow night. (That is, if I survive L.A. Can you tell yet I’m worried about L.A.?) And it had cacti. And (Joshua) trees. So the rocks were more...decoration. And I still find it weird to see cacti out in the open instead of in their natural environment in my living room.

2. I kinda don’t really like Vegas? Which...seems to be new? Cause I really, really remember hating L.A., but I have no such memories about Vegas. And they were both part of the same vacation back in the day. Granted, I liked it better after the sun went down yesterday (honestly, you just have to spend an hour at the m&m world and poof, sun gone, instantly better), which is probably the only way people should see Vegas anyway, but still, meh.

3. I might have a slight obsession with m&m worlds. I’ve been to every single one in the world multiple times (except Shanghai, cause honestly, when the fuck did they open one in Shanghai??) and I always buy something (so yes, I broke the “no buying anything because I have too much luggage already” rule). In my defense, I always try to buy something that is useful. And in this case, doesn’t take up much space. So I did say no to the 3$ blanket they wanted to sell me at checkout (which I really, really wanted) and opted for a pair of socks. Yellow of course. Cause Yellow is my spirit animal.

4. Also, pumpkin Reese’s are an abomination. That’s not really a confession, but it needed to be said.  What's with this weird pumpkin obsession anyway?

Alright. I gotta go get packin’. Packing for flying is so much more involved than packing for the car for some reason. And then I gotta decide whether I’m gonna get up for sunrise tomorrow or whether I’m too lazy. (My bets are on “too lazy”, but hey, I’ve surprised myself before…)




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hello Goodbye

Hello everyone (probably for the last time)! I'm alive (though that was a bit of a close call), I have finally, finally left Asia behind...